Washington DC, USA
Thanos (Resume) was born in Athens, Greece and he has spent most his adult life in the United States. He holds a B.Sc. in Computer Sciences and & M.Sc. in Information Technology Innovations & Management at University of Maryland. He is an independent Information Technology (IT) consultant with experience in enterprise and solution architecture both in Government and private sector, as well as in web-based applications and multimedia engagements. His professional projects implemented in large IT environments, include:
- US Department of Treasury – IRS modernization systems and taxpayer secure access
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) – on satellite communication systems at Engineering and Technology Directorate for Advanced Architectures and Automation
- see paper/presentation at ITC conference on Technology Evolution and Innovation in Spacecraft Communications – [ view/download PDF ]
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) – designed and implemented the global IT Directory Services for all NASA centers
- Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles – medical staff proximity card authentication to IT systems
- Department of Defense – real-time flight simulation systems for military aircrafts and specifically those that are based on aircraft carriers.
- Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) – trident class submarine ballistic missile tracking systems
These assignments and many other projects were consulting positions with Deloitte, Booz Allen, CSC, DXC, and other IT companies.
Starting in early 1990s and the beginning of the Internet, Thanos collaborated with Hellenes around the world to establish a Greek cultural presence on the web. He started one of the first Hellenic web pages; HELLAS. Soon thereafter, co-founded the non-profit organization Hellenic Electronic Center. In 1995, while was working at NASA, Thanos was invited by SAE to attend the first SAE meeting in Thessaloniki where he discussed and presented information and a roadmap for establishing worldwide communication of Hellenes via the Internet. Since the beginning of the Internet, he is working diligently in promoting the Hellenic culture and open the communications among Greeks worldwide.